Automatic Door Closers For Businesses
CONVENIENT DOOR MECHANISMS | CERTIFIED TECHNICIANS
Door closers are essential for easy opening and closing of doors. While common for doors that lead to the outside, door closers can be helpful when installed on doors that should typically stay closed, such as employee-only areas and conference rooms. Door closers are also a requirement for adhering to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) code requirements because they make entering and exiting a building easier and more accessible.
Get In Touch!
Our local locksmiths can help you find the right door closer technology to suit your needs as well as provide expert door closer installation, replacements, and repair. Contact us for a free, no-obligation quote on any of our commercial locksmith services!Request A Quote
Benefits Of Installing Door Closers
Door closers are a simple, inexpensive yet effective way to upgrade the doors in your building, providing a better experience for anyone who enters or leaves your business. Not only do door closers provide increased convenience and usability, but they also do not inhibit the function of access control systems, master key systems, or high-security locks. Additional benefits of door closers include the following.
- Makes entering and exiting your business easier for employees and customers alike
- Easier access for the elderly and people with mobility limitations
- Saves on heating and cooling costs by keeping doors shut
- Increases privacy by ensuring that doors close completely
- ADA code compliance with push-button accessibility
- Reduced risk of fires spreading through open doorways
- Meets requirements for emergency exits
Types Of Door Closers
There are many types of commercial door closers available on the market and it can be difficult to determine which is the best for your business’ needs. The type of door closer arm and where it will be installed for the best function is also an important consideration. Door closer options include the following.
- Traditional Door Closers
- Modern Door Closers With Removable Covers
- Modern Door Closers Without A Cover
- Concealed In-Door Closers
- Concealed In-Frame Closers
- Concealed In-Floor Closers
- Motorized Door Closers (Automatic Door Closers) Compatible With Electrical Strikes
Each different style of door closers offers similar benefits but the size, angle, shape, and position of your door will factor into determining the right type of door closer needed. You will also want to consider the types of door closer arms to be installed, which include the following options.
- Hold-Open Arms. These can be configured to keep the door open when necessary. A good option for doors where deliveries are made.
- Dead-Stop Arms. These have built-in rigidity to keep the door from swinging back inwards past a certain point.
- Spring-Stop Arms. Similar to a dead-stop arm but has a built-in spring that provides more cushion for the stop mechanism and door.
- Heavy-Duty Arms. Perfect for areas with a lot of traffic to reduce wear and tear. These are also ideal for some outside doors where high winds may break weaker door arms.
Door Closer Installation, Repair, & Replacement
We can upgrade or install new door closers and even mix and match types to suit the needs of your business. We also provide door closer repair if the hydraulic liquid is leaking or if parts need to be fixed or replaced. You can depend on our commercial locksmiths for expedient and professional services.